San Diego and Imperial District Export Council (SDIDEC)
The San Diego & Imperial DEC provides local leadership in international trade to the San Diego community through its 25 plus member council of international trade veterans and experts, who are appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce. The Council and its members support international trade education and advocacy to support the growth of international trade in the San Diego region. Using its unique relationship with the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Commercial Service, the DEC supports export promotion through community outreach and works with local trade organizations to support international trade counseling and education.
The DEC Mission
District Export Councils encourage and support exports of goods and services that strengthen individual companies, stimulate U.S. economic growth and create jobs. Export expansion activities are accomplished by working with the U.S. Export Assistance Centers to provide opportunities to promote greater export activity at the local level while developing a trade assistance network.
The mission of the District Export Councils is supported through activities such as:
• Counseling and mentoring of local businesses in exporting;
• Identifying export financing sources for businesses;
• Creating greater export awareness in the business community locally;
• Identifying issues affecting export trade and implementation of suggestions for improvement;
• Advocating trade policy and legislation supporting exporters and the U.S. export sector;
• Supporting programs and services of the U.S. Export Assistance Centers;
• Building local export assistance partnerships with other trade-related organizations;
• Providing export training and education through Export University® programs